Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Is it good to forgive and forget??

It is a very popular saying that one should always forgive and forget the mistakes of people. But, this statement always intrigues me. Well, I have a tendency to forgive and as well as forget the mistakes of my friends and families. But at times, this habit of mine really bothers me. And that’s how this question occurred to me.

Well, I am not a fool out here who always avoid the mistakes made by a person again and again. Even I have my limit of tolerance. Beyond that limit I simply discard that person’s existence from my life and move forward. Well that’s not a problem. But one thing which troubles me is the initial stage of that tolerance. When one of my friend hurts me I get little detached from that person for a while but, after a while I rebound back and forget everything. But, later on when that same friend of mine commits the same mistake I again get hurt but, this time I get a bit agitated as well. I regret my decision of forgetting everything and at the same time get a little saddened because of my this so called, “Generous” habit.

I also know that one of the major key to my happiness is my belief in this saying. Holding grudges against someone cannot help one to stay happy and peaceful. According to me, one should be given a benefit of doubt and obviously a second chance. But, what if that second chance proves to be a debacle? Infact, you’ll be taken by surprise if I’ll tell you that I still bury the hatchet. But, I really don’t know that whether it is a nice habit or I am just a fool who doesn’t know how to identify people properly.

But, in the end i can only conclude my this confusing blog by saying that one should be given a second chance in life. We should forgive and forget but, if that second chance turns to be disastrous then instead of repenting over our decision we should simply move ahead in life and should develop an INDIFFERENT attitude towards that person. Atleast by this way i'll not bother myself....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All i had like to say is ..if u don forget then life will be a puzzle which u hav made for urself nd which has no solution. so its good u forget, let others hav a guilty conscience nd let urself be free nd enjoy the present moment